Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lourdes Grotto- Baguio City




If you want to experience a religious encounter in Baguio City then have a quick stopover in Lourdes Grotto. The perfect place for solemn prayer and meditation especially during Holy Week. By climbing 252 steps, you will reach the image of Our Lady of Lourdes which commemorates the visions of the Virgin Mary by a child from France in 1858. Devotees usually light a candle and pray upon reaching the topmost part where the altar of Our Lady of Lourdes is placed.



I am not a catholic, but I really appreciated the experience. The 252 steps to overcome before you can say your prayer made every word in your prayer meaningful.



ENJOY YOUR LOURDES GROTTO VISIT!!

Let me know if there are stores or places in Lourdes Grotto, Baguio City that you suggest tourists to see. Leave a comment or PM me... I really want to hear what your travel experiences are. :)

CONTACT ME

No comments:

Post a Comment